Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Mr will be back tomorrow

Argh.. I forgot to include this News.. Hmm.. I told myself not to set my hopes high.. This is what happens.. He had some things to settle and had to stay overnight out of town.. Hmmm.. He should be back by tomorrow afternoon... I guess.. Ah, well...

Some things you just have to swallow... Oh there's a debate that I may want to raise here just as I remembered now.. About taxi drivers going,"Which way you prefer? *a list of options*".

I really find that unnecessary.. I mean if I have a way that I find most fastest I would have suggested the moment I mentioned where I want to go, right? I mean shouldn't taxi drivers already know the best and fastest way to get somewhere? I have gone really insane by keep telling these taxi drivers to just get me there safely and as fast as the route permits us.

It's not like Singapore is big and a route would make a huge difference with the other. I know shit about road routes and my sense of directions is average to bad at times. So maybe that's why I don't quite care. But what's the difference at most?

Well, at least to me, the bottom line is to get to your destination on time and safely. I seriously dunno why the situation make these taxi drivers go asking their passengers which way to go. It seemed like they dunno what they are doing and dunno where to go. It is especially ridiculous to ask someone foreign which way to go. It is funny sometimes when you think about it...

Tell me, does other countries have taxi drivers asking the same as in S'pore?
The questions S'porean taxi drivers normally ask, "Where do you want to go? Which way you prefer/Which way you want to go?"
When answered with "I want to go City A and anyway fastest."
They would give you options on how to get there e.g. " You can go by Expressway 1, exit to X and go by City B to City A or maybe you'd prefer to go by Expressway 2, exit to Y, and go to City A"

I would appreciate if anyone could kindly leave a comment or two about this.

No comments: