Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Crazy Sunday

It's almost a living hell today having my beautiful niece calling me every second minute begging me to come over... Saying her I love Yous hundred times every time she calls... Saying how much she misses me.. It was really sweet but too much if she calls me so many times in a day - It's even worst than having a stalker!!!

Anyway, Mas and kids was here till about 1.30pm.. Then I went over to Mariam's to just put a stop to that many calls.. I left her place at about 7pm, meet Mr who was still asleep in bed.. What do ya expect? He stayed up all yesterday's night till about 7am this morning.. Then went to have a walk around town before he comes home to rest..

We went for dinner at ThaiExpress at Holland Village.. Reasonably cheap and delicious change of food intake... On the way home, we had this discussion about Singapore.. a little like a small debate.. To be honest, I hadn't been a truly proud Singaporean... though many may come out claiming to be a TRUE SINGAPOREAN... I do speak a little of Singlish but only to those who speaks Singlish.. I have minimum to zero 'lahs', 'lors' and whatever exclamations you may find in the Singlish dictionary.. I dunno.. I just don't feel like home in Singapore even though I was brought up right here..

Singapore is really not a place for kids to grow up in due to many reasons than one. One, there are no space to run or play freely. Two, there are limited places to go visit - you visit the Zoo, Birdpark, Night Safari, Sentosa, and some natural parks like Bt Timah Natural Reserves or MacRichie Reservoir and you've done the whole country. And as a kid, you would always want to explore and see new things. Three, it's too concrete for some recreational relaxation getaways. There are almost no difference between weekdays and weekends, at some countries you'd probably get a chance to feel like you're at a completely different place though you're still in the same country. It's not like I don't appreciate the many facilities and advanced technology or the great system of everything in Singapore..

Singapore is also not a place to retire either. You just can't stop working in Singapore! You have to keep paying from the moment you start blinking your eyes, and still have to keep paying even when you're sleeping at night, the only moment you might not have to pay anything is when you're in peace by God's side.. I'm not cursing but still then, your next-of-kins will still have to pay for everything else that you've left behind. Even when you're at a mature age to retire and start soothing your soul in health and to things that really matter in your heart, you just can't do it in Singapore.. Where can you escape without a worry in Singapore?

I truly agree that every Singaporean should be grateful for being here as it's the safest country. Crimes are attended to immediately, we're the safest geographically, we're safest in terms of globally, and we are well protected internally. But I still don't feel like Singapore is my home. My heart tells me I belong else where. Where? I don't know it myself..

Singapore is just a place for people who works or doing tertiary studies. It's a fast-paced country thus the best place to work with lots of competition and study real hard. After all that hard work, there would be places to just finish that day off with a couple of beer or a bottle of wine or maybe a club to meet people and dance your tensed body to the rhythm of fun..

I'm taking full advantage of that part, doing my tertiary studies... then hopefully get enrolled into NUS or NTU.. then get some job, grab the experience and then fly off and get more experience and exposure, probably do some part-time masters while still on the job.. then find somewhere I can call my home.

Alright now, I wanna watch "Meet the Parents" on VCD.. Till later~

No comments: