Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Boring Stuffy Sunday

Stuffy nose makes me sneeze my Sunday away... And I've got the song titled "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" by U2... I like the chorus bit.. " And it's you when I look in the mirror And it's you when I don't pick up the phone Sometimes you can't make it on your own"

I went Delta yesterday after such a long time the last I went there.. haha.. to collect one skirt from Jerie.. suppose to get another one from Vima but she forgot so.. oh well... Guess what I brought home? Some 10-odd mosquito bites !!!.. It's so terribly itchy and my feet is swelling from the bites, the scratching and the terrible itch... Urgh.. Anyway...Mr played some touch rugby yesterday at the turf club.. It was a more like a social get-together thingy where everyone is welcome to play, doesn't really matter if you have your own team or not.. And watching them(the boys and the gals) play.. make me wanna be one of them.. Maybe if I got in NUS, I might join both hockey and touch rugby team.. I saw the NUS gals play.. They look tough(those kind that doesn't quite welcome new people, if you know what I mean) but I may be wrong on my assumptions.. Anyway, Mr did well.. I guess, though he has to catch his breath after some sprints.. hehe.. but he did okay considering his age.. I mean the others are in their 20s.. a few in their 30s.. Oh well, I'm sure there isn't any excuse to be unfit or stay unfit in any situation unless unavoidable... So Mr.. you have a lot of catching up in fitness to do.. just as much as I do, really.. haha.. I might have to do more.. since I'm in the club.. I have to keep fit and on the go.. wouldn't want to be labelled the 'unfit one' haha..

I need to work on my sprints by doing short sprints, then catch up for 5 minutes and sprint again.. maybe on every second day, with the normal 2km run in between to help get my stamina back... That should help, really.. I hope so.. Got Mr's pictures with his dad on Waihi Beach.. It looks so so beautiful... oh, can't wait to pay NZ a visit.. probably a stay-for-good... I dunno... Singapore really isn't a place to retire or to bring up kids.. there's nothing to show really.. except concrete, and more concrete.. Not that I don't appreciate the privilledge of living in a safe country full of great first class systems of everything.. Just that.. It's too fast pace, maybe.. or maybe too competitive... maybe... just no space.. I mean.. how do you really find space and enjoy your privacy when your neighbour is just about 2cm apart from the wall that separates the two flats? I mean you can't afford a proper house, not even a semi-detached unless you're really really well-off.. coz, it could easily cost your a million to get one.. Even a flat can cost as much as $200K... and if you're single, you can only get that flat at age 35 or above, along with another single of that age.. That's how S'pore is promoting marriage and family life.. It doesn't quite work if you ask me... Who would be motivated to have kids when you see young punks doing nothing but play stupid computer games at internet cafes...when kids are just too lazy to get themselves involve in sports that makes you sweat and keeps you fit...when kids just cost so much... their needs, their education.. the expences grow as they do, you know...

Ah well... most of today was spent at home sneezing away.. then at about 6pm, I went out with Mr to have dinner, his first meal for the day.. can you believe that? He didn't eat till about 7pm.. He's too sore from yesterday plus he watched rugby last night from 1am till about 5am.. So i guess it's the tired body plus not enough sleep.. A nice all over body massage usually helps... Oh well.. maybe tomorrow.. Need to e-mail peter now... then call him tomorrow morning to confirm meeting time and place...

Gotta dash... Till later~

No comments: