Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Engagement

Assalammu'alaikum friends. I hope your day has been great and gets better as day turns to night. Insya'Allah.

Just touching on engagement, having browsed through my friends list and saw a few of them going through engagement. It seemed to me that it's a waste of money really. I have always thought that engagement is supposed to be a small event only known to immediate family members and not suppose to publicly reveal the fine details of the agreement. Afterall the agreement was suppose to be between the two parties and their respective families.

The trend now as it seems basing on the photos that I have seen. Engagement became some sort of a mini pre-wedding kindda thing. Wedding in itself is a big event, so why waste money on doing it twice? I dunno... Some kind of like an announcement to tell the neighborhood to be prepared for a big wedding?

If you asked me, if engagement is really necessary.. I would prefer a small little event with do'a selamat and a mini serving for guests which will be immediate family members only. And if I have a choice, I would escape the heavy dresses, make-up and cameraman. I'd save my energy for the real big day. I mean one big day is enough... I dun wanna end up having pressure to have a bigger event with better food and what not for my big day. I mean human nature is such, if given a good item, they'd expect better item next time. Haha..

Oh well.. I dunno why I want to talk about it.. Maybe because I'm just preparing myself for the weekend, I'm seriously going to be shot right in the head with irritating questions that just have no end. Don't they realize that it hurts me enough? Geesh..

Even mom had to ask me out the blue last night, "So, how's Mr Fisherman treating you lately?" I went like "huh? hmm.. ok i guess.. I mean how else can he treat me?"

Then mom went on and on about making plans.. Saving up and all those little things.. And oh my.. I tire myself and went to bed running away from her neverending questions and constant reminder about my past. She even asked if the retired king had kids.. I was like oh my Nike.. Stop it already.. Why are people torturing me like this? This is emotional abuse!!!

And to think about the weekend.. It killed me inside. I teared conveying my fears to Smartpants. I was just human to have fears, just human to breakdown and cry, just human to be totally afraid of possible failures. But like Mr Fisherman said, it is just way too early to say much now. Nobody can predict the future. It all lies in God's hand. And if we are patient, Insya'Allah, He will show us and give us what was meant for us.

Instantly, I felt better. I never did say thank you (rude - i know). Sometimes, I just feel like running to him and give him a big big hug. He simply lift me up just when I feel like jumping off the twin towers. How Smartpants and Mr Fisherman do their tricks, I have no idea, but I know there's nothing to fret, as I only can feel better talking to them.

Back on the topic, if you asked me.. I won't mind an engagement ring on my wedding finger, just one request, make it a very very small event just between u and me, just between your family and mine. So to my future husband, whoever you are, all I need is you assuring my family that I'm in good hands, and your family blessing me as your future wife and welcome me into the family.

Eee... re-reading that makes my hair stand! Hahaha.. It almost sounded like I'm really getting to that stage tomorrow or something. It is not going to happen anytime soon, if I looked through my calendar properly. Whatever it is, I cannot object what God has for me. So we shall all wait and see what the future brings.

I hate the reminders my granny and mom are broadcasting in the air. Why can't they just sit back and watch like my dad?

Anyways, I am blessed to have my Darl, and I am just counting my blessings with him. If it is meant to be, we shall be together united in time to come. Insya'Allah. Amin.

Assalammu'alaikum.

No comments: