Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Been recuperating to better health

The bugs have got the best of me... Down with really really sore sore throat on Friday. Since then, my health had decided to go down the hill... I got a bad cough and slight fever by Saturday morning. My fever shoots up even more on Sunday... The cough got worse with worse sore throat. I couldn't accept anything other than soft munchies like porridge or soup.. My appetite was that of a mouse almost. I kept pumping gallons of water, vit c tablets, garlic pills, strepsils.. but the sore throat and coughing won't persist. My fever relent and went off today, which is good news.. The sore throat of my.. The torture of the month, i must say!!

Oh well, a brief report of my torturing weekend with the bugs on my back which caused my lost of updated updates on my blog.

Here goes:
Friday, 6th May. Mr went to a meeting, then we met for lunch at the Cafe Di Rio. Then I went to this so-called intro to this talent company at Takashimaya. It was crap. They tell you who they work for, advertisement, media with BMW, Sony, etc. Then they say we are to go to the classed on every Sunday for 6 weeks from 3-4.30pm, on our 3-inch heels, and make-up utensils. The make-up accessories must be one of the two most expensive make-up you can find in the world, and if you don't have these, you can purchase it for $550.. What the??!! Oh well, if you can't afford to pay the lump sum, they actually provide payment via installments.. Like it helps me.. I just smiled and walk away once it's over. Then we went to watch the Kingdom of Heaven. It is about the war in the 18th century between the Christians and the Muslims. It's great.. but a little on the bloody side. But it's overall a great one to watch if you're after history and war.. Then we head to Holland Village to watch Super 12.. But i went home before 8pm as I don't feel pretty well, sore throat starts to dominate my body.... Hit the sack once at home.

Saturday,7th May, taught the girls at Jurong West. The younger one(Ogy's daughter) was really enthu and was on her toes about questions and things she wanna know and practice in Maths. We were both coughing throughout the hour and half. Suppose to watch/play touch after but my body had turned down the invite. I would have a great time coz Mr said all the girls including the two(first-timers) who had joined last week. I went to get my bowl of porridge from the Banquet at JP and head straight home after. I couldn't think of anything other than much rest and sleep that I so needed. But no luck as the kids are around so I can only sneak in 45minutes nap before they disturb me..
The saying of the day: Kids remain kids, you can scold them, hurt their feelings but they will always come right back at you at a time such that, your mind wanted to throw them into the sea and forget them but the heart pity their naiveness and wished you were back at their age with no worry or whatsoever, at this thought you always give in.

Sunday, 8th May, Rained so heavily I could feel the gust of strong winds with the windows of my room closed shut. The weather was perfect for me to sleep all day without moving a single muscle. But the kids are awake already.. My niece, Nadiah, called to talk to me.. I was murmuring throughout the conversation as it hurts to say a single word, that was how bad my sore throat is. To think that the weather and my health could make me stay at home, I didn't.. Haha. Basically because Mr already bought tickets to watch the Michael Flatley's Lord of The Dance concert.. It cost $112 each person, so I rather watch it then to waste it.. Mr pick me up at 1pm right at my carpark. Then we head to JP to get my bowl of porridge and Mr's lunch. Then another taxi to the Kallang Indoor Stadium. The ticketing people are so inefficient. They could have just asked what tickets are we collecting instead of telling us that there's no record of purchase. Well, it's our fault that we got the venue wrong but they could have helped us better! Oh well, we finally got the tickets... Oh, I forgot to mention that I kept going to the ladies for a splash for like every half hour! Anyway, Lord Of The Dance was marvellously great!!! Those feet of all the dancers.. My.. simply magical!! It's like a spell is casted to everyone, you simply ended up looking their feets and imagine it's yours and you suddenly seemed so involved in the dance and story that they are telling. It's just wow! It's my first dance concert and wow... It's just magical! I like the music they play as well. Check their webbie: www.lordofthedance.com After all that.. We went to Cafe Di Rio at Scotts Road.. The service and everything you'd want from a restaurant is there in this cafe. It's great compared to what it used to be last time(Cosy Cafe- the one with good food but crap service). Different management, different owner. Great! Then we head home for a much needed snooze.

Monday, 9th May, Felt much better. Fever is gone. But coughing out flemn- a good sign(Mr said so). Sore throat is still there, couldn't feel any difference of any sign of improvement or otherwise. I slept well, went to pay my internet bill and topped up my ez-link card.. met Mr and went back home for another row of snooze.. Then we went to catch The Interpreter.. A great movie, Sean Penn and Nicole Kidman was really great! Then we went to eat at this foodcourt at Centre Point. I ate porridge again. Then head home for my little snooze.. And up after an hour or maybe more.. Type out my updates.. And now, head to bed... for my beauty sleep.

Good night!

No comments: