Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, December 09, 2013

Riot after the long historial racial riot back in 1964

Assalammualaikum!

Read about the news here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/27-arrested-over-riot-in/914932.html

I was awaken by my husband after 10ish pm. I went back to sleep not thinking about it. I woke up, make my husband breakfast, and scrolling through my FB and all I see in my newsfeed were about this riot at Little India.

WOW! I never knew it can escalate to this much of violence and such. It all began when a fellow South Asian worker was knocked down by a private bus. FATAL accident. Then everyone gathered around to find out. A patrol car (and I suppose the ambulance too) was sent down, but the patrol car arrived first, and just like that riot broke out, some 200 South Asians start hitting, and breaking the bus apart, and another group set fire to the patrol car.

CAN you even imagine the chaos? Thank god my family and I were all tucked in bed safe and sound. Only the people there would have known what actually happened. It was gruesome, whatever the reason may be. It is still questionable why anyone would burn and turn over any vehicle, be it a patrol car, ambulance or the involved bus.

WHY? Would it actually solve any misery? Oh well.. I wouldnt want to get too much into this.

I had actually came here to blog about my eldest niece farewell to fly to Sumatra for the week. She bet her mom would cry, in the end.... it was HER who shed tears crying for Ummi, holding hands to check in. Oh my poor baby. LOL. Her sister strong and all, but i do not she was just holding all her emotions back inside her. She might just burst on her 1st, maybe 2nd night alone reminiscing her sister.

 The whole family was with her to say our goodbyes and to support her. Guess what? 20 students, and 2 teachers were supposed to fly on Valuair to Medan at 1045hrs, departing at T1. My sister and her family were there since 0630hrs, and my parents, husband and I was there at 0730hrs. Just at about 0900hrs, we noticed the flight was cancelled. The teachers were a little disorganized, and only at 1000ish did they go around telling us that noone was informed of the flight cancellation and that they are now in the midst of discussion on their next step. And so wait we shall...

Just as we decide to hit BK for breakfast, my niece was told to head down to T2. And so we left breakfast and went ahead to T2. We already figured that they will probably hit Silkair and fly at 12nn.

As expected, that was what it is. However students need to top up $200 each using their Edusave (or equivalent account - i think they changed their abbreviation, because my niece mentioned P__ - i forgot already, getting old la!) So, we grabbed breakfast for real this time.

My niece called her dad to inform of the changes and all... and soon enough, it was time for her to go....
 This is me with my 2nd baby - isnt she so grown up now?

 And this is my first baby who will be in Sumatra for a week. (Before she shed her tears!)

Baby, be safe. We will always pray for your safety alongside with the group you are travelling with. May you and your friends gain experience and knowledge to impart others with.

Parents, husband and I head down to a wedding straight from the airport, and my sister and her family head home. I know my sister is already missing her daughter, but she is keeping strong. 

After that wedding, with all our glamourous wear, we head down to Geylang Market. LOL! 
Not much marketing was done. No mercy on the fishes. 

Then we hit down to Cold Storage at Jln Jelita to find our Dolce Gusto. We found it along with the most friendliest and helpful promoter! He was not pushy to sell the higher end machine nor was he pushing us to buy, we probably spend about 15minutes of his time deciding. He made us two samples to taste as he showed us how easy it was to make the drink of our choice with the machine. 

 I had Tea Latte (I think). Yummy! And husband got Mocha (I think).
And we brought back Krups Nescafe Dolce Gusto - Mini Me. I like it. I tried the iced peach tea. Two thumbs up at how easy it is to operate and how delicious the drinks are in the end. The fun part is the fact that we can create the drinks to our taste, we can put less milk or more flavour, whichever way you like. And it makes a cup nice for one (200ml) each time, which means no wastage.

I will probably need a thermo mug to bring to the office with my hot cuppa from home. I was really tempted to just bring the machine to the office this morning, oh yes, it was compact, not bulky at all. In fact, it looks tiny beside my thermos water flask. LOL.

I am glad I got it, it makes me impatient to be home! I want a cuppa Chococino when I get home today!

Price wise, it was affordable!

The Piccolo Genio
- comes in automatic and manual. Difference is simply how the amt of water was preset in automatic and it stops automatically, whilst for manual you had to watch your cuppa and manually push the lever to stop at that desired amt of water you want.
- currently retailing at $169 (available at Courts, Harvey Norman, Cold Storage, Best Denki)
- Online said it retails at $189 or $199 though. (The $169, we saw it in stores physically)

The Circolo
-Currently retailing at $259 (available at Courts, Harvey Norman, Cold Storage, Best Denki)

Melody
-Currently retailing at $249 (available at Courts, Harvey Norman, Cold Storage, Best Denki)

Mini Me
- Currently retailing at $199 (only available at Cold Storage)
- With any purchase of $30 in a single receipt, you can get it at $139.
Indeed, the most worth for value if you ask me.

We got 3 boxes of capsules for $32.70, and automatically qualify to get it at $139. Still comes up to just $171.70. :)

Maybe, you should just hit the stores and get one yourself!

XOXO,
Wassalam,
Jun





No comments: