Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, March 20, 2006

It only take 2 minutes..

Heard that somewhere someplace before? Of course you have... Commonly heard by surveyors, and often than not, they took more than just 2 minutes.

No, hold on.. I am not going to talk about surveyors who annoyed me, neither am I going to tell you that this will only take 2 minutes of your time... but let's just talk or rather, write, about the real value of the 2 minutes that we have had but, often, took it too much for granted.

I, sometimes, just couldn't understand some people's nature.. It's seems like 2 minutes is just too much to spare.. I mean, it would probably take someone longer to text back and forth than to pick the phone up and call to ask a simple, "How are you?" gesture. It would cost you and the other person ($0.05 x 4) = $0.20 to text "How are you?", "Fine, and You?", "A little busy I guess." and "okay... Catch up soon" and the seasonal "OKs". Cheap, and so.. are you telling me that your concern over me or the involved person, is just as cheap?

Okay, I heard some critics already. Some people may argue, that it's the same thing if they were to call, the same concern.. Ya.. I guess that's for friends, for aquantance, for people whom you aren't exactly comfortable to talk to... But I honestly don't think it is appropriate to do that to someone who had been there all along, throughout your difficult times. How much more expensive is it to call, really? $0.50 more? Oh well, I sure think it's worth it. Imagine that person you had neglectedly ignored died tomorrow, wouldn't you regret not calling to ease her consistent callings to simply speak to someone she/he misses?

I wouldn't argue if you're leaving in a different continential and it would definitely cost a bomb difference. Still, I had friends who lived 7 seas apart and still find time to at least call once a fortnight to family who obviously missed them. Regardless of how old you are, how matured you are or how successful you had been without family, it's still the same family who had made you the person you are today.

It probably had taken up about 5minutes for someone to text me and about ten others up some chained messages.. But that someone is still somewhat too busy to just pick the phone and speak to her mom. And I still wonder, is it her, or is it someone else who had prevented this from happening... Still, that woman is her mom, or isn't she anymore?

I finally had someone to lunch with me today, someone who had just joined ASPL today. She somewhat had mystery surrounding her. She surely wasn't an open book to read.

And, someone's missing from my routined day...

No comments: