Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

What's with the "lor" and the "hor"s?

I seriously don't know where the good English has gone to.. It seems like every Singaporean are more and more obsessed with all the "lor"s and the "hor"s.. It's not like I am an anti-Singlish.. But too much of it just sets all my little hairs standing.. It's almost like pollution to the good English..

MA got a fever today. Advised him to take a day off and rest at home.. His fever was like 38degrees, and got himself two days' MC from the PolyClinic. He's out with his family now. I think I've found some evidence that shows me how much I feel for him now..

I simply got worried when he said he was down with a fever and is feeling horrible. I got worried knowing he's all alone at home and attempted to go to the doctor alone, I freaked out and ask myself what is gonna happen should anything happen along the way. Then he called me up to say he's safe at home and is going to sleep.. So I didn't disturb him(that was about 12pm). I only texted him to say I'm taking a nap (abt 5pm).. Then after more than 8 hours since I last heard from him, I got worried and start calling. He didn't answer, I panicked..But I kept calm, thinking of other possibilities.. Then he called me back, a major sense of relieve got into me. I went like, OH thank God you're fine. I didn't care where he was, with whom and why he didn't update me.. I was just simply thankful he's so fine.

I dunno why but everytime I speak of love, of wanting to have love and to love... I always look back when I was with Mr.. How beautiful it seemed.. And how great it still stays in my heart... I dunno if anyone can possibly take his place.. It is true that I have had a few since I broke up with Mr.. But I am still afraid to indulge in the risk of being broken again. Still, I gave them chances and let them try. And it seems like no one met that standards Mr had set in my life..

I slowly picked out the photos I had of Mr.. All his cards which are carefully kept and taken care of.. all those memoirs looks so fresh to me. All the words that are written seemed to talk to me whenever I read them. Then I felt the pain again... The pain in the truth that those words are just memoirs and had become a piece of my wonderful love history.

In one card, that by default has these words on it, " Maybe it's luck, Maybe it's destiny, All I know is that your love is the best thing that ever happened to me." And those words stay true. In this card, Mr wrote a poem,

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height,
My soul can reach, when feeling is out of sight,
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle light,
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right,
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

I love thee with the passion put to use,
In my old griefs, and with my childhood faith,
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose,
With my lost Saints... I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!.. And if God choose,
I shall put love thee better after death.

I love you "

And he duly signed with three "x". And it's not Valentines.. It wasn't any special occassion day.. It was an ordinary day. He just felt like writing it to me. He just simply hand it to me. I remember smiling ear to ear, and kept reading it over and over again, feeling so lucky.. And now, I read it over and over again wondering who would love me like that in time to come.

Just then, MA texted me and it snapped me back to the reality. What a trip into my history, I thought. MA's safe back at home. He just took his medicine. I wiped my tears, closed my eyes, and just hope for a better life, being a better person, and walked out stronger. But deep inside, I know, I am weak.. I am afraid.. But I moved on, at least I tried.

Trust me, I really don't know what got into me lately.

No comments: