Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Marriage and its purpose

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. So it is midweek eh.

I wanna touch on marriage again. In my last post I mentioned abt this note that I shared on my facebook:

A household where a mother is made known of her battle and sacrifices, and where a father is made known of his share of battle and sacrifices is usually filled wit love and respect. In that household, children learn that in marriage, every flaw of the spouse is to be their own little secret and that all their good deeds shall be remembered.
And its caption: Marriage is about upholding each other's honour and integrity. If the one person you had trusted your life with turns around to tell anyone of your flaws, then who else can you trust?
Let your spouse's shortcoming be your secret to keep, and focus on her/his strengths that enlightens and makes you happy.
You dont need to tell the world, just tell your spouse, because he/she should be your world.

 In many household, I see mothers instilling to their child some hate to their fathers or the feeling of irrelevance of a father figure, and I can't help but feel hurt for the father. I know there are hopeless fathers but they still hold a role somehow, without him, they will be no child of yours whom you had with him. 

In my household, as hopeless as my father can be with the household chores and what not, my mother never taught us to hate my father or to ignore his requests at any time, even today. As much as she complains more now, she will be inserting some good point about my father knowingly or unknowingly. And this has taught me a few lessons that I can imply onto my marriage. 

We are a team

Yup, I think I have mentioned this many times in many posts, and many fb statuses. We are a team, we don't need to outdo each other, no need to compete with each other. A marriage is to complete each other. 

If you are racing and you speak of your partner's/assistant's/navigator's shortcomings or flaws, wouldn't that give  your REAL competitor a clue on how to win you at the race? Likewise for marriage, if that one person whom you would trust your life with turns around to speak evil of you, then seriously, who else can you trust?

Lets get real, when children outgrow us, become adults, get married, they will be busy. And they wont occupy your time like how your spouse would. Children cannot replace the void a spouse leaves. Marriage is special, you know. A child can't be hugging and kissing you and sleeping with you all night to keep you secure. 


Secret

A lot of things are to be kept secret between a husband and wife. Be it the flaws or shortcomings, or the birthmark you have between your breast, or that scar you had between your legs. These things are to your own little secret. Noone should know you more than you spouse, not even your mother. 

So forget and forgive your spouses' shortcoming, focus of his/her strengths, the things he does in his own special way to keep your smile on your face, to keep your heart skip a beat, to make those butterflies making backflips in your stomach. Aren't those special? 

So ya, I guess I keep it short this time. Now time for you to wonder and ponder. Oh, have you hugged, and said I love you to your spouse? Or perhaps tell him you appreciate him. 

I know I hardly do that, but sometimes I talk to him in his sleep. And when he wakes up, I pretend I sleep talk. 

So much about women ego eh? 

Oh wells, until next time!
Jun
Wassalam


No comments: