Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Friday, February 05, 2016

Are you ready to own your own flat?

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. Today, I was asked, "Hey, you gonna get your keys soon, right? So are you ready?"

I stared blankly back at her and asked. "Ready for what?"

What preparations?

That is when it hits me, my own home soon.. What have I done? Nothing. Yup. Nothing like I am never going to shift. It was a strange phenomena to many young couples, or maybe only for those who never had to fight with other siblings for the morning bath and having to squeeze in a room to sleep and fight for privacy. Maybe. To be really honest, the only preparations my husband and I made was to save enough money, and nothing else.


What's the plan, really?

Minimalist. I seriously plan to do very minimal and just the most basic renovation needs and nothing else. I want my flat bare. So bare that even a robber would leave me some tips when he leaves. Heh.

I guess the reality of owning our own flat hasn't sink in, so we just decide to wait till we get the physical keys, get into our physical flat, and walk in it before we jump in the wagon and start doing everything that is necessary.


How do I feel?

The feeling is rather blank at the moment. Definitely very mixed. At one moment I feel like I couldn't wait, the next moment I don't feel anything at all. I feel a lot of fear instead of the supposedly burst of excitement of having my own place. Not sure why, maybe because my parents didn't chase me out (not like I want them to). Perhaps it was just my comfort zone. I have lived in Clementi for 23 long years, I am somewhat attached to it, the comfort of seeing your neighbours, the comfort of knowing the market at the back of your hand, the comfort of just being in a place so familiar to me.

On the other hand though, I was looking forward to being a CCK resident. I would be nearer to my elder sister, cousin, and some friends. I look forward to having the master room, I look forward to the dedicated hobby cum sewing room, I look forward to challenge my husband to a dance, I look forward to welcoming my very first guests to my very own home. I look forward to stripping my house naked as I wish. Hey! Naked as in stripping it off any decoratives, so it would be easier for me to clean.

Then I remembered, my parents would be living with me, and we cannot go without a sofa in the living room. Or maybe we can with two lazy chairs just for them.

Here's the rough plan.


As with many other plans, things will change to suit when it comes. So let's imagine and dream for some things to become a good reality ok? ;)

Until I get myself into my own home,
Jun

Wassalam

No comments: