Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

11.75 of 12 Months of 2017

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. For a change, I am writing this right from the start.

As opposed to last months, I didnt fetch Baby M until the last day, so Friday the 1st went on with getting her up and ready, off to school, then I rushed to my mom's for her therapy appointment at NUH, then had went off to pay some installments, head home, cook and think about sewing. That day, I cant stop myself from thinking about how life would be if I dont have to work. It is not really about the amt of time I get to rest, After almost a year of Friday offs, I do know that rest is very far fetched. My day is filled with things to do and time run by too quickly, but.. I still want to just not work anymore.

Most of my Fridays are filled with greatness of accomplishments. Although small, it is beneficial. I cook, and feed. I wash and clean. I get to accompany my mom for the appointments. I get to relax a little sending Baby M to school. No rest, yes.. But I accomplish so much without rushing all the time. Everyday I spend time trying to cut down my financial commitments. Everyday I try find a solution so some of those commitments can be passed off to somebody else.

And everyday, I struggle not because it is not possible, but because my dearest no-risk husband is just not confident enough to let it happen. I just need a few months or a year max of no work. I just need the break... We didn't discuss so much about since the last one.

2nd came and my sisters decide to drop by and have some ladies' day. So I went out with them to vivo after they drop by for lunch. I had a good time. It has been like forever since we do this, and we truly would deserve this no less. Of course I cooked before I leave with them. Got home finish off my laundry and rest.

3rd is a little solemn, my husband went for his usual cycle, and I and Baby M is home, I spend a good hour or two taping the patterns i signed up to test up, cut fabric, and attempt to sew as husband appears at the door. Obviously, that got on halt, as we decide to go out early to the wedding invitation because Baby M's Mama is coming to fetch her this afternoon.

We then decide to go to my mom's after sending Baby M off, then to his parents'. Then home sweet home, with me feeling horrible because monday is approaching and I am still working.

4th is here, in the office, wishing hard.. wishing and praying so hard, that one day my affairs will be at ease and I can quit and be home...

All the weekdays that followed after the 4th seemed super long without Baby M. She didnt go to school that whole week, being down with fever and all. I fetched her on Thursday night 7th December. We stayed home whole of Friday hoping to feel better.

We went to my in laws on 8th, and visited my dad on 9th, then we went to attend a wedding, and we were out the whole Sunday with my family, full squad minus Naad & Uncle Daddy.







For Pusara Aman to Admiralty Park Playground...



Shahril rode the bicycle for the first time too! He did amazingly well and right the first time! So proud of him! Thanks Obike for making it possible! :) But too many bikes were spoilt there. Loose chains, half handle bars, lost seats, etc. Similar case with OFO....

And we had to send Baby M to her mama that night, and all returned all quiet....

Once again my weekdays are here, and it will be long and quiet...

I got sick, but I have exceed my MC and leave, so I had no choice but to hang on till the new year.

Weekdays were tough, but when you have a baby to look forward to, I guess one can bear it a little better. We picked her up on Wednesday and enjoy some Sliced Fish Soup from Seah Im Food Centre. It is the nicest ever, the fish stock was solid! I think it is the brother to Taksin Beef Noodle shop, because they have the same bowl and everything.

I send her off to school on Thursday with much excitement from the other kids, afterall she hasn't been to school for more than a week. Paid her school fees using the CDA card her mom hand to me. Got home to a very sick husband, fever running high. He feeling all cold, took out every jacket he can find, put on socks and had terrible sleep, waking me up every few hours.

Friday came early for me, I was startled at 1am by the sick husband and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up did my laundry, ate whatever I had left because I got hungry. For the first time, my dory soup finished before the sun came up the next day. I lied down on my bed, watching my baby, trying to fall asleep, and just as I was about to, all alarm went off. But I guess Friday was better, because she woke up, and asked for breakfast at home, so I made her cereals, gave her meds, and we got to school. I went home to my sick husband, cook him lunch, and went to my mom's to accompany her for her eye check up at Jurong Medical. We got to Clementi just in time for heavy rain to pour, so I was stucked until the weather calm down to pick Baby M up from school, head home, and out again to Decathlon. I have no idea where I got all the energy to be up and running from 1am to 10pm that day.

Someone enjoy testing all kinds of camping equipment while we were there...

Baby slept on the way back and refused the diaper, so I nervously went on with it. We woke up dry. But I had to pay back all the sleep I lost on Friday, so I slept in with my baby while my husband got ready to work. I finally broke up with the bed at 9+. I cut some fabric, sew some leggings (because I am too lazy to wash and wait for laundry to be dry. I rather sew a new one. And so I did. Baby woke up at almost 10am, I asked if she knew she slept diaperless, and asked if she wants to go to the toilet. Of which she replied with a shocked face

"M tk pakai pampers, sleep?" I laughed and said yes, and Mak is proud of you! She smiled and said she wants to take the shower, and that we did.

She got rice and soup for breakfast, and cereals, and bread. Oh yes she got appetite! Me and her, we just laze our Saturday, chasing away my potential fever from all the rain I caught while on the way to pick her up from school, and from her school to the MRT. She was dry, thanks to the raincoat.

So we just lay down and watch a lot of Netflix, enjoying each other's cuddles. She ate a lot of bread and cereals, and rice and everything. Husband got home to sleeping beauties, who promptly got up when he stepped in. I almost forgot about my takoyaki order from Cutiepatch Kitchen! Did I tell you she is just a block away? So convenient to self collect!

I watched Walt before Mickey and I felt so inspired after. I will write a separate entry on this one - I think it deserves an entry on its own for all the inspiration it had given me.

I didn't attend the get-together at his cousins, because I am just not up for it. Being at the verge of falling sick, makes me vulnerable and tired and just not eager to step out of the house. Glad he let me stay home. Baby switched all the lights, brought out our blanket and said we are watching movie. I call it bedtime at 10pm, and we were gone in like under 10minutes.

Sunday came, husband went out being an early riser and all, while we - once again slept in. Day 2 of being diaperless and waking up dry. So proud of my soon to be 4yr old! I woke up and tried to finish up the Takoyaki, and before I knew it, it is time to get ready and go out - again!

We have 3 weddings to attend, we decide to forgo one. There was no train service between CCK to Jrg East to like Outram - I think. So we relied on shuttle services and met Mama H, Abg and Hamtaro at Jurong East to go attend the wedding together. We then head different directions, my sister and the kids went back to mom's and we went to another wedding and to my inlaws, before heading to my mom's.

That pretty much sums up my weekend and Day 3 of Baby going fully diaperless. I know she did extremely well when she woke me up at 3am to use the toilet, sat on the toilet bowl, urinated, washed, flushed and washed her hands, all under my guidance and careful sleepy eyes, and she climbed back to bed and throw her hands around my neck when I lie down next to her.

I send her to school today and told her that her mama will be fetching her after school and that we will meet again on Wednesday (big hope). Just like that I feel like my days will be long until Wednesday come.

Welcome to 3rd week of December.. Just the third week. One more week to Christmas, and another short run-away from home weekend. Our anniversary is coming, then Christmas, then New Year.. So, what have I achieved this year? Other than training Baby M for a full potty trained, and diaperless, I have nothing much to say. I exceeded my MC, my leave, my health, my budget.. Business wise, I got into embroidery, and that brought a lot of life into my business. Alhamdulillah.

I still secretly wish I have 20hrs a day to sew or embroider, to unleash my creative side, to create new things, and find that special niche to represent my brand. To find that one product that everyone will know it is mine, to find that one creation that will flourish my business and bring it to new heights. I know it will take time, and of the 504 days since I registered my business (2nd August 2016), I have learnt a lot, of the things I like to do versus the things my customers wants to buy. They are usually very different products. Of how many hours I would like to work on a certain product versus how many hours it took to put the product together from scratch, most of the time eat into my family and personal time. I am continuously thinking - even in my sleep - on how to make a product better, if it should be improvised, left as is or just forget about it, of how I should market my business (which doesn't happen a lot because after all the hours I have done working on my products, I am just left so tired), of how and when I should take my business more seriously and give it the time and effort it needs to rise up. However nicely I want to put it as, Sg is expensive and we need to still bring money into the bank so we can get food on the table and pay the bills. The neverending bills.

I think I will just end it here, and let it be up. I will post another entry for my anniversary week right through the new year eve.

Have a great advanced happy holidays everyone!

Until the next entry,
Jun

Wassalam

No comments: