Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last of 2017 - 12 Months of 2017

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I guess December is the only month I feel deserves a break, so this is week 3-End of 2017...

Celebrate Love

It is my 5th year anniversary. Can you believe it? Our first five years passed us by, not a bed of roses, but it brought us to where we are today. We got our own names on our own flat, we got by with our duties and responsibilities, got into fights, understood (or try to understand) each other a little better than yesterday, and many other things we go through as husband and wife.

I guess I truly get to know him when we live together in our own house, his habits, his initiatives, and cleaning habits (if any). It is not a bed of roses, I told you already, yeah. Bear with me.

Well, as we celebrate our love today. We begin with sending Baby M to school and start our little private adventure.

We took the bus to Ang Mo Kio after sending her to school, had breakfast at Coffee Bean then went to Orchard to just walk around. Stopped at Maki-san to have our sushi fix. Husband did his Friday prayers at Al-Falah, while I walk around Paragon like a little lost girl. He joined me after he was done, and we walked to Far East Plaza to have our lunch at Cahaya. And just like that, we spend our anniversary walking around, and it is already time to fetch Baby M. We cycled to her school using the bike sharing. Me on Obike and he on Mobike.

We got home, get changed and head down to a baby shower, met mom there. To find ourselves super hungry, so we left before they served us food.

Just us while we were less hungry
Before she spill the cup of drink all over her. 

Mom going home, and us to stop near our place for dinner then to the movies to watch "The Last Jedi".

This tissue cum pouch is so helpful when I have my hands full.
Before the theater is open for us to sit in, we had our little private time.
I am not a Starwars fan, but the movie is pretty good. I fell asleep for abit at the start though. Baby M slept midway right till the end.

We got home at 4.30! And had planned for a long long day the next day, we are crazy much!

So Saturday came, and our little adventure begin. We initially wanted to leave in the morning, but since we got home at 4.30am, we decide to leave a little later. We head down to Seah Im, had my yummy Sliced Fish Soup (again!) and off we went to Sentosa!

We took the Monorail. If you have an Ezlink, just tap your way in, it will deduct $4 from your card.
I always like the view while on the monorail watching and wishing we can go on a cruise some day.
We went to Adventure Cove, my husband got 2 tickets from his company to spend family day. We didnt take any slide or rides since Baby M is with us, so we just lay in the provided floats through the lazy tunnel. Enjoy the wave area, and spend a few hours in the baby pool so Baby M can play while we lay/sit near her. We got ourselves some pre-dinner with the meal voucher, and then head down to..... here comes.... Another Staycation!

After a few hours in the water. A good sunscreen helps protect the skin, so remember to use one! 

She wants this picture taken. Oh how fast you grew.
We head down to Mama H's at Siloso Beach Resort, she booked 2 rooms.. And we were too tired to head home, so we stayed over with whatever clothes we have.

The view out our window.
Siloso Beach Resort is just literally a few steps away from the Siloso Beach. A nice place to just relax, really.

Husband and I head home to get all our stuffs for our actual event. And while we were away, Baby M had her walk around the island with my nieces and a beauty nap.





We booked the Costa Sands Resort as we wanted to BBQ, so off we hustle to get our stuffs and more clothes. Ummi Yam and the kids headed down to SBR to join Mama H and my mom.

We got these to BBQ!

We got a cab to drive us down to Costa Sands, to put all our stuff there. Since we can only start BBQ at 5pm, we head off to SBR again (it is just next to each other.. so convenient!). And head back to CSR with mom and begin our little BBQ.

Yeay! Siloso Beach Resort is just next to Costa Sands Resort!

We didn't know there are shuttle service provided to Costa Sands from Harbourfront, we would have taken the shuttle service.

At the reception to check in. 
We went to our Hut - yes, we picked a little small hut, and get to pick our BBQ Pit.

Right.. the Hut.

Yes, that is all there is in our little Hut.
So yes, we picked the Kampung Hut blindly. The room is just that in picture. small little maybe 1x2m space, 2 bunk beds on 2 walls, a small ledge table, and mini cupboard on the 3rd wall. There are A/C, but no TV, no kettle.. So I guess it is a great place to camp, really.

As we walked back to Siloso Beach Resort, we decided to explore the Roof Top Garden and found these greens!

Nicely arranged, with all the information abt the plants on the fence (I didnt take a pic of it, too busy reading up!)

And you can buy them if you want! 

Their swimming pool uses the natural spring water. And they have this waterfall feature, which is very calming.

The view, oh yes! They have slides in their pool, great for kids!


We had fun that night BBQ-ing.

The pit

Just us in that area!

Like everything else, let's have a briefing first. 




After all the fun, we head back to Mama H's rooms shower and initially planned to have a night walk, and ended up walking in our sweet dreams.

So we make up with some swimming.


I am happy that Baby M is enjoying my nephew's company, and is always copying him and that he actually enjoys that. LOL!

And after a short swimming session, we decide for some beach fun.

Still sticking to a brother like a leech..

And then there's us. :)
Everything fun comes to an end, eventually.. So we head home after a long super fun weekend...

Finally, some home cooked food, by me for the husband and Baby M!

Now, the final weekend, the weekend we are bidding 2017 goodbye.. We havent made plans yet, so we are not sure how we will bid the year goodbye.

And as always, let's do a little reflection of the year and make some goals for the future..

In 2017, living in my own house, without my dad, having my mom on some weekends, having Baby M with me most of the weekend and beyond, I sometimes, or rather often, lose sight of what I had achieved, or want to achieve. I don't know what I have done, what I should have done or what I would have done.

I spend a little too much this year, spending my money on staycations, vacations, among many other fun things in which I created memories that will remain with me, as unnecessary as they may sound, I learn to believe that in giving my family my time and money, in the name of good intentions and time to bond with each other, I will get better greater things. I learn to seek opinion, and consider them. I learn to accept my shortcomings, and other people's strengths to help me. I learn to trust people around me, whom I knew had the best interest for me. I learn to let people talk, and not defend myself with trust and faith that the truth will surface, people will know sooner or later, people will learn themselves. I learn when not to care, when to stick my nose in the life of the people I love, and when to just sit back and just watch. I learn people react differently, we cannot demand that they react the same way as we do. We cannot expect them to think and act like we do, everyone is different, and they are made different for a reason.

I didn't perform at work, I acknowledged that and people see that I am not working towards making it better too. I decided to give this part a rest next year, and in that decision I discovered, I actually have many financial commitments that I need to delegate if I truly want to do that. I know not what the future holds, but I have to think and plan a little and trust God more. He knows me, He knows what I need, He knows how I will learn, and He knows everything. May all of us have smoother journeys, and may we sail the boat to the destination He knows best for us.

For 2018, I wish to be healthier. I wish to have more time to do what I truly love, that brings in the moolah to spend on my family and enough time to spend with the same family. To continue ignoring what others have to say about me, for as long as my conscience is clear, and my intentions remain positive on the good side. May those who have wronged me continue to feel guilty and always afraid of their own shadows, and those who envy me receive more happiness so they forget me some day, those who is constantly racing with me in the bad light find someone else who is on their par so I am free to be much better than myself. May I have all the time and energy for the Almighty above everything else. And may I find happiness that makes myself and everyone around me happy.

I didnt get to fetch Baby M this weekend, the last weekend of 2017. Her grands wanna have her for the weekend, so it's ok. We will have her next weekend, hopefully, insyaAllah.

I accompanied my mom for the therapy appointment on Friday and my niece tag us along. I learn a few techniques to help my mom's joint at her knee to ease some pain. Alhamdulillah.

The whole of Saturday was gloomy really. I worked on some bulk orders, and made a large drawstring that could fit a helmet bag. We went to Vivo to get my husband's CareEach step tracker exchanged, then went down to Baghdad Street to say hi to some sewist/crafters who has a pop up stall there. Grabbed my first Overrun Chendol. Then head down to Route 12 to try their Sotong Deluxe Nasi Lemak.

Sunday is just as gloomy with rain greeting us most of the day. Our plans to cycle and watch fireworks may not happen at all. We will see.

But hey, doesnt matter where we countdown as long as we are with the one who mattered and love, yes. Safe and sound, alhamdulillah.

Here we bid 2017 goodbye, and welcome 2018 with positivity, good hopes and intentions to be a better self.

Until my next post, next year. Happy Holiday everyone!

Jun

Wassalam.


No comments: