Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Carpentry Work - My Sewing Room

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. Alhamdulillah, another day to live, pray and submit to Allah's will.

Today I shall just walk with you through my journey to having my own sewing room. Well, okay, not exactly MY sewing room per se. It is actually shared, so technically it is OUR hobby room.

I negotiate to have diagonally half the room for my sewing needs and so here goes....

The Plan:

I had asked for Kenny, the carpenter assigned to Ah Heng- our contractor co-ordinator, to draw out what I have in mind, an L-shaped table, with an open shelf with whatever wall space I have left. 
He drew it all oh so naturally! 
He is so sweet to include drawer space and got my storage woos settled just like that.

I dunno if you could understand his drawing, but I definitely did. And I am so looking forward to this room! But I forgot about the cutting table cum island that I had always wanted, but it is okay.. I shall just scout later on.. No rush.. No rush..

I just had to draw my own visualization.. hehe.. Oh I miss art in school..

I actually had started asking for quotations for a fully customised extendable cutting table island with brakeable casterwheels. It cost from $750 to $1300.. Kindda obvious it wont be happening soon, I gotta suck it in and save up for it. I probably need my Babylock Englighten first. :p

The Progress:

Well, there wasn't much of a progress because things happened to quickly, so before we knew it, these are the only pictures we took of it.

The display shelves
 Honestly, I wished it has more of the exposed display shelves, but I shall live with this!

I like that there are so many storage space!

And this table.. Oh... I can fill lots of machines
Being the skeptical me, I start seeing it bend a little when the curtain guy stepped on it, and definitely see it sag a little when Mr Husband sat on it. SO, I am thinking of adding stands to help support its cantilever edges. Again, this is just my skeptical self, overthinking things. I mean c'mon, right? An average adult man weight between 60-80kg, my machines don't weight that much, probably just one third of that weight at most. So yeah.. Just me. So, to be safe, I shall put the heaviest ones on the drawer, the serger on the shelf side, and the other two evenly spaced. Okay, I am seriously feeling jelly because I am starting to imagine if the table collapse. It won't happen right?

Please tell me it won't.. PLEASE....

Anyways, if it looks a tiny bit less stable, I shall just convert it into study table, and just bring the outdoor pine table over to serge on those, I am really thinking how it will really stand the vibration, okay seriously, I am really overthinking this, and I really shouldn't.

I am really gonna ensure no adult step on that long table, alright. NO!

I guess this is it for my sewing activity space. I shall update again once I have all my machines and fabrics on board to show you the complete make-over, insyaAllah.

A happy sewist,
Jun

Wassalam

No comments: