Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, January 29, 2018

3rd and 4th week of 2018

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. Writing 2 weeks once is pretty challenging in its own way.

So here's a little entry for 15th January through 28th January 2018.

Monday came to soon, and she was beginning to get clingy when I told her I am not fetching her today. She reminded me to pack extra uniform and extra clean set for her. Hugged me twice and kissed me goodbye many times at school when I dropped her off. 

I got the job!

15th January 2018, 1241hrs.

I received a miss call. I called back at 1307hrs, as I knew that number is the lady from SEEDS. So she gave me the good news. I got the job!

I send like 10 messages to announce the good news. Alhamdulillah! I finally can restart my career in a happy place, insyaAllah.

10 minutes walk from home, guys! She said I should get a call from the centre to sign an appointment letter which will state my start date, and all the fine details. She told me tentatively I should start end Feb or early March! Woohoo! Perfect timing, guys! Indeed, God knows best!

Just that... With this job, I will have lesser days with Baby M. I will have to keep myself strong and let her go slowly.. May Allah ease all our affairs. He knows what is best, and I believe him, I shall leave it to Him, with faith.

Why? 

Yes, many couldn't understand why I am dishing my current job which pays more for lesser hours (4 days week) for a job that pays 50% lesser and has a split shift, and even one saturday duty a month.

Why? Well.. Other than it being a dream of mine, I think it is just that this job I do.. I don't know if it is because it has been over a decade doing the same thing, or if it is just not giving me the challenge anymore. My brain seemed dead, I don't seem to learn anything new. Everything seemed to be the same old things. I feel stupid feeling like I know everything, and everyone assume I know everything about the job and that i can do it fairly quickly etc. I feel like a robot. And I don't like that feeling. I feel so demotivated and find myself dragging my feet to work, finding myself hard to get up and out to work. I keep finding myself getting excuses to just not go to work. Money is not an issue for me, as much as I do need money, I find that it is secondary. I need to feed my hunger to gain new knowledge, and to feed the hunger inside me for new challenges, I need routine, but not monotonous routine, I need some surprises once in awhile. I need to constantly be on the move, I need to hustle, and yet still have time and energy after work.

Since we were ready to have me not work for 12 months, I figured I can take up a job with a 50% cut and stay there for 12 months and beyond and still be very safe with my finances. Yes, surely, I have to cut down a few leisure expenses, but if that is the price to always be happy to go work, be at work, then I guess why not?

And hey! 10 minutes walk to work guys!! Lunch provided too!! I really don't see why I shouldn't grab this opportunity to fulfill my dream. Please just pray for my happiness.

I have really tried sending resumes to get this job previously but no returned calls, and when I tried again this time, I get it always instantaneously, I really think it is a positive sign for me to plunge into it. It is almost like now or never. I don't want to ever regret it later on, so yes. This is it.

Resigning

It is hard really. This company had always been a darling and great with me. I mean it is really rare to get a very understanding boss, and I got one. So naturally, it is hard to hand the letter and tell it to him personally. Breaks my heart, but I guess it is really time for me to leave. I joined this company in August 2012. It had been an awesome 5 years with this company. I won't be enjoying a 4 day work week, but I guess it is really for the betterment.

Challenge now is that my other colleague also tendered. I was so stressed at how intense this week became, I still haven't hand over the letter to my boss and already freaking out with what we would exchange when I do hand him the letter.

Stress reliever

As always, whenever I get overwhelmed with work, I turn to my business to churn out something, or work on piling orders. I created this few that helped me keep sane and a little more calm:

 No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available. No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available. No automatic alt text available.

I think the embroidery machine is really my best worthy investment for the business.

The day I officially resign

22nd January, Monday

1245hrs. Everyone had left for lunch except the bosses, so I knocked of his door and asked if we could talk. He must have 6th sense and asked "Why, resigning?"

That gush of guilt. We exchanged words of gratitude and emotions were everywhere. His included. He kept saying "I am emotional. I cannot stop you, but for any reason if you wish to come back, please just call us"

I really don't know if there is any kinder boss than him. He has been the most understanding, most kind, and pleasant boss to work with. I hope my next boss is as kind, and his next staff be better than me.

More than 5years in this company had been a great journey of experiences, but when it is time to go for a better place, it is time. 

The call...

24th January, 1747hrs.

SEEDs called me to say that the Principal and Director had confidence in me so wish to skip the probation and in-centre training, so would like to have me on board only in May. This leaves me unemployed for March & April. Thankfully, since I have figured some finances out, I could actually afford to tide over 2 months without working. And if it gets bad, I guess I can always find a temporary or part time job somehow, or I can always try work the business out to help me tide over the 2 months well....

First Birthdays of the year

27th January 2018.

My niece turns 23. We visited my dad and uncle, had breakfast, pick my 2nd sister up, had lunch, had some play, and then I needed to be home.

I cant wait for next week's plan, really! 

We spend Sunday at home finishing my order and some laundry. 

And that ends our January...

Till the next entry!

Jun

Wassalam

No comments: