Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, January 15, 2018

1st & 2nd week of 2018

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. So.. It is 2018 already! I decided to do 2 posts a month to summarize my month. So here's a little entry for 1st January through 14th January 2018.

We welcomed 2018 a little quiet this year. Baby M wasn't with us, so we just simply spend quiet time together, just the two of us that New Year's Eve. We (my sisters and I) decided to gather at mom's place later in the day. That we did, watching Netflix, then youtube a lot of P. Ramlee's movies.

Start of work in 2018 wasn't really fantastic. I was late.. oh wells. I fetched my Baby M on Thursday (she hasn't attended school since the closure, btw). So Friday is her 1st day of school, and start of her N2 life, with homework and all the adventure of sleeping early and waking up early. That weekend we spend another day at both our parents.

Monday came, it rained way too heavily so we cab to her school, but i was drenched on the way to work and quickly got unwell, so I detoured back home to get a rest. First MC of the year. Already. Oh wells. Tuesday and the days that follows are easier. I came early for work, except Thursday, I am just on time.

I got an interview on Friday. Very unexpected, as it will be a career change, and I really send it in for fun. I guess in that way, God knows what we need at any given time. Maybe it is time for me to give my dream a go. The dream I had wanted when I was retrenched in 2009, but a career switch at that time meant pay cut, and I couldn't afford to do that as I had debts and banks chasing me. So now that I am better with my finances, I guess it is perfect.

I am also meeting my BFF this Friday for lunch. I don't want to join the bachelorette party as I will have to bring my Baby M with me, and I won't have much attention on my BFF and my BFF will also have too many people to attend to, so I self initiate a one on one session with her during lunch hour on a work day. I hope to have another lunch date with her.

I guess 2018 isn't a bad year afterall. May many good things come by!

The Interview

12th January 2018, 1100hrs.

I am nervous, I had it all checked and rechecked this morning. It has been almost 6 years since the last interview. What made it more nerve wrecking is, this is new. Different industry.

I was greeting by a teacher, then the Principal, Ms Zar who informed me that Mrs Gwee is not in the office to interview me yet. So I waited out. I was 15 minutes early. I was nervous, so I gave myself half an hour to walk myself to the centre. Well, I only took 10 minutes to reach once I am out the door. I began to love how near the centre is, and how convenient it is if I am accepted and start working here. Another girl came, asking me to open the door. I obviously didn't have a good impression on her. Oh wells. Turns out, she is the other girl that was scheduled to be interviewed after me.

Mrs Gwee came, greeted me and was all smiles and invited me to her office. She was speaking to the principal and everything. I was rather unsure where I should go. As soon as I caught myself scanning the room, Mrs Gwee told me to take a sit. That I did, quickly placed my bag on the ground and have my file with me on my lap.

She handed over a formality form to fill up, which I did promptly, and i hand her my resume along with the filled form. And we started the interview. It was rather a casual set up. She quickly asked me why I picked this line, knowingly that it is new, and will obviously mean a lot lot of pay cut. Like we are talking abt 50% (or more) paycut from what I usually draw.

It went incredibly well, as we exchanged questions and clarifications about me and the centre. I dont feel like leaving the room, really. She asked me to wait out while she interview the other girl.

It didn't felt long at all waiting out. They then gestured me to visit the infant area. I asked a couple more questions there. I get more interested in the job with all the questions I ask and the answers I get. I truly truly enjoy and gained a lot of knowledge and am really hungry for more!

Weekend!

We watched Jumanji on Saturday and we bought Baby M her own seat! She was so excited to sit on her own and didn't sleep through the whole movie, but was getting impatient for the movie to end toward the last half hour. So she got up, dance and goof around us. We got ourselves dinner then got home and slept. 

Sunday came and we were hustling, my husband need to get meds for his mom, then send over the meds, so we decided to visit my mom, since Baby M has been asking for my mom since Friday. And as we were reaching my mom's. My sis, Ummi Yam called and asked us all to get ready at 3pm, she wants to just bring us all out. And out we went. We went to Marina Barrage, then to East Coast, then to Geylang for some Durian Feast, then to Tekka, and finally to CCK Park for dinner. Baby M had a blast with overload of love and attention.





I just cant see how life will be without her in our lives. I pray everyday that she will be protected and always surrounded by positivity, love and care.

With our tummies filled, we got home and quickly settled for sleep. And just like that, 2 weeks of 2018 is gone....

Family is where the heart belongs, no matter how we may hate, we still love. No matter how mad, we still worry. Family is the people who wants us to stand tall, strong and proud. Not the ones who wish to tear us down. May our family always be blessed with greatness, happiness and one that builds each other for betterment. 

Until the next 2 weeks! :)

Jun

Wassalam

No comments: