Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, October 02, 2017

9 of 12 months of 2017

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I am starting to write this on the start of 3rd week of September. This Month has been tiring really. I have been running up and down to hospital making it an almost comfortable place to reside in, well almost. It was filled with my appointments, my mother's follow up appointments, my follow-up appointments. So ya.

I was so busy, I had 2 written planners accessible to me at any point, and virtual calendar on my phone. 1 written planner is at home, and another one in the office, which i will occassionally bring home to tally up with the planner at home. And yes, it gets real, and crazy.

1st September is Hari Raya Haji, for which I spend some portion of time at my mom's then to my in-law's. Nothing too much going on.

On the 2nd I played and made another cordkeeper then we went to Big Box and husband got to spend some time with Baby M in the indoor playground.

On the 3rd I did another heart zipper pouch and my 2nd prototype of the tissue cover cum pouch, it was too pretty, so I did a mini version on the 4th.

It is also the start of my participation in Artisans' Haven SG give away. I contributed my unicorn keyfob/snaptag.

I also participated in 2 pattern testing this month. You can read all about it for the kids' pattern and for an adult to twin.

I finally downloaded Netflix and boy I caught up with so many movies!

I cut my hair damn short that weekend. And we got into the cycling routine, seems like Tuesday would be our fixed exercise day, maybe alternating cycling and running, we shall see. Tuesday 12th I clocked in 4km in 40mins. Not too bad for first time after such a long break off exercising, right?I blogged a bit more this month, as I reviewed the pattern testing and the embroidery software.

My embroidery machine is down with tension issues it had had since Day 1, and I can't wait for the technician to come down and fix it. I have 30 cordkeepers to make and 16 names tags to embroid. I think this is the biggest single order I've had so far, and I am always grateful for it. There is also 2 romper and 1 Tshirt on the wait list to get embroided as well.

It seems that my business is getting heavy on the embroidery machine more than the sewing parts, and I kindda enjoy it. Since I already have cutters to cut my fabric, I feel like I probably should get some to sew the cut-up fabrics as well. Should I head that direction?

On the cloudy side of news is Butterscotch, my favourite cafe, is closing down. Last day of operation on 27th September. I am so devastated to hear the news. I will miss their menu a whole lot. The Chocolate Ecstasy, the Ondeh Ondeh Waffles, The Durian Serawa Waffles, the Chicken Chop Pasta, the Seafood Aglio Olio, the everything, really.. The ambiance, the friendship (although I don't know their names), the familiar smiley faces.. The cafe itself. It will be a big void for me, a missing escapade during lunch to perk up my day.. Why must good things always end?

I finally asked the friend who is cutting fabric for me, who stays the nearest to me, if she is willing to take up a sewing job as well. I am crazy to be splurging a lot on my business. I really wish money fall from the sky like literally drop from the sky into the window in my sewing room and into my petty cash box. I wish.

I received two offers for a booth manned. Of course, it comes with a price. I couldnt commit for various reasons, 1) I don't usually have a lot of in stock in hand 2)my financial status hasnt been awesome lately 3) I cannot do them if my husband don't allow them. I was told off to my face that I am working and I should have money to throw, and on to like the other businesses were all housewives and they took the risk and take up the booth yada yada yada. I had to tell her it wasn't just money, and who says a childless couple have all the money to save? We have other commitments to pay for. And who says it is just money. For me it was more of a support from the husband and family that is what's more important when I take up a booth. I can't possibly be happy if I don't have their blessings. Nevermind if you consider it curbing or whatever. I guess people don't know what it is like to do business without much support.. I guess they think this support thing is negotiable or easily attained. I cant blame them I guess. They had always had support from their respective husband and children. Of course they had half the trouble settled.

I wont say my husband don't support me at all. At the same time he is also not someone I can rope in if my monies are low or if I need some help setting up or tearing down, unless he himself offer the help. I am not that person like the housewives who can get offers and the husbands chip in and give 200% support financially, in labour, physically, mentally or in soul where the husband willingly take up your other duties while you are at the booth, where the husband willingly buy food instead of expecting you to cook. It is just a different struggle. I am not saying you housewives have it easy, no. Just that dont assume the same for us working wives. Ok fine we have money, but have we got time to create stocks like you do? No... After work we rush to fetch our children, do chores, attend to our parents, when will we have time? We cant stay awake all night every night either. So please. As much as you wont like it if you were judged, dont judge others.

It is painful to be asked and compared like that. I thought these people would be better. Maybe she meant well but wrong choice of words. I don't know. I am not rich, I am also not the healthiest of all human. I have so many expenses coming up and I don't even know if I can make it through, then why rub this booth thingy on my face?

Different people, different household, different rules, different operational methods. Just don't compare and don't assume. Don't make it hard on others. Everyone has a struggle. Be nice. Always be nice.

So the day the technician came to fix my machine came. He spent about an hour fiddling with the machine. at least 15min of that period was spent as staring at the sample stitches he did with tension adjustments but it looked somewhat indifferent. He finally changed the bobbin casing and it solved pretty much everything.

I had to rush off so I didnt play with it right after, I started on my orders the next day, it still gives me random bunching, so I posted it in the machine FB group and they had one suggestion which I tried and works. Finally! No more random bunching at the back!

I didnt get much work on Sunday as we head out as a family to visit Bapak, then we went for brunch, then to Makam Habib Nor, and somehow we ended up at East Coast Park. My brother in law sent us to my in law's. And we reach home at sunset... What a long long day... I did 2 more cordkeepers as I was a bit behind on that.

I have like 20 more to do, so I am targeting to make a minimum 4 each day. I hope I can keep up! This would be my biggest single order, really. Doesn't help that I have a free booth this Friday either, good thing is, I share it with someone whom I trust and don't mind my busy body and mind. I don't even know if I have anything to sell on that day...

In the end, that booth didnt happen, my friend fell sick and is home bound. So I had to give it a miss. I am way behind on my orders, had to come up with a back up plan and get cracking on those.. I am way too busy at the moment, and I havent rid that lingerie sewing mojo... Everytime i need to sew something else I had to convince my brain that lingerie will be sewn after I am done, and if that didnt work I had to cut some and put it at the side and be next in line.. I don't like this choosy sewing mojo mode, but I cant seem to rid it no matter how I tell the brain I had orders to clear!

Crazy much.

The good thing is I manage to run 1.7km in 15mins, not that bad after a super long break, and cycled over 5km the following week in an hour or slightly under. So my stamina and fitness looks promising - I hope!

Oh! Yes, I went JB with husband the other day on the bike, and oh boy it had changed quite a lot, then again, the last I went in on the bike is probably years ago! So ya, now you scan your own passport, insert your cashcard, and scan your own thumbprint. Pretty smooth I should say.

With that, September bids me goodbye, and it already 2nd of October. Yikes! 4 days to complete 10 more zipper pouches and get the rest of the cutting and snapping done! Oh double triple yikes! Help!

Until I get my orders out and off my system,
Jun

Wassalam


No comments: