Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

5 of 12 Months of 2017

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog.  Again, I got down to this right when it is the last leg of May.

This is special though, as I participated in Me Made May, in which I pledged to wear at least one me-made apparel a day through the whole of May just to gauge if I have enough to get by.

I ended up picking a challenge or two when it seems like a breeze during the first two weeks, in which I sew my own boy shorts. As with all me-made, it is 150% more comfortable then store-bought. It looks huge next to a store bought, but it oh so comfortable. It doesn't pinch me, it doesn't get eaten up by the crack and it feels like skin!

I also quickly got myself sewing two pairs of Goldilegs - hush! It looks like a regular jeans, but it has stretch making it oh so yummy to wear! I am so gonna hoard more stretch denim for this! Obviously better than store bought of which I had to alter the length by a wee bit, and the waist is loose with the hip okay or too tight. Basically ill fitting if I must really spell it out. It is so easy to pick a me-made over store bought for me.

It wasn't really hard to get my size, but i am small & flat all over.. So it gets challenging sometimes. I like my clothes loose but not ill fitting. It has to be comfortable and practical.

I am just glad I picked up sewing. Although I don't draft, I know how to sew. And with PDF Patterns widely available, it is a breeze for me to look for a pattern, purchase, download, print and start cutting and sewing almost right away! And with 2Quilter's help to stitch up A4s and print A0s, oh all the better!

Through this month, I made 4 baby gifts, and completed all my orders, except those who don't mind waiting more. I will be taking a 6 weeks Ramadhan + Eid break off business. So ya. Let's focus on family and good deeds through the blessed Ramadhan, yes?

I fell sick a little bit more this month, but I managed to hang on. Oh wait! Let's rewind!

I had my first Mothers' Day celebration on 10th May at Baby M's school. She was such a performer I tell you. All I hear was her voice during the show. This must be how proud it is to watch a child you bear and raise on stage eh! I can re-watch the video I recorded of her over and over and over again and still feel the pride spreading...

Now, to 13th May!!

I attended my good friend's wedding! It was a good day, I went way back to 2002-2005 as I watched her montage. I suddenly realized we both had so many years lost in between us! I often forget why we didn't stay close, but when we do catch up and meet again, those lost years just don't seem to matter. We just picked it all up right from where we dropped it!

Such friendship, I don't know if it still exist. I met a few friends like that this year. One whom we simply lost touch sometime in 2009/2010, and when we ok scratch that, she found me, we just kicked off right away. I guess such are females with male set up in our head for friendships. We cant seem to go petty and feel like we are all obligated to meet and get together every day or something. We can go years and know that we are still friends and that we can really rely on each other when it calls for it.

So many lost friendship found again. So many memories flooding my head. All for the betterment of us, I believe. God has His reasons why we parted and reunited.

And just like that, rewind to 6th May.. it has been a year since my good old man had passed.. One whole year without his hugs, jokes, laughs, nags, and all the love he had for all of us.

We tried filling up some joy by teaching our mom how to voice over at whatsapp, I never found myself smiling and laughing so much hearing my sisters, nieces and mom voicing back to back. It felt like they are there with me all the time. And I guess one day, if we meet death, we have these voices to remember us by.

And just like that, we are welcoming the 2nd Ramadhan without Bapak. All I remember is him telling me and reminding me to do my prayers before he went into his room that one last night I saw him alive... and every time I sew late into time, I hear his voice.

Right now, we are down to just 6 days to end May. I shall just post this up, and will post up my documented outfits for Me Made May 2017 before June begin.

May we all be in better shape for June and Ramadhan!

Ramadhan Ya Kareem, everyone!

Jun

Wassalam




No comments: