Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Friday, January 24, 2014

A gadget that fills me up... Review of Asus Transformer Book T100

Assalammu'alaikum family and friends! Alhamdulillah, it is Friday!

I am been itching to keep writing, there is just too many in my head sometimes, but those many things when typed out just become so little sometimes. Oh well..

Today, I shall just write a review on my latest gadget - the ASUS Transformer Book T100.

I have been searching so hard for a tab with full microsoft office installed, and yes, there is none! Can you believe it? And ya, why am I ever looking for a tab - a TAB? And that too with full microsoft office pre-installed?

Well, with business running, more paperwork needs doing. With the limited time I have, I am always on the run and I was just trying not to get a laptop because I often end up leaving it at home and just wont have it with me on the go.

Whilst searching on the background, I came across a mutual friend's post letting go some brand new gadget. A chromebook, so like a little kid, I called my husband, "Honey, your friend is letting go his Chromebook, can I?"

My wonderful husband, being so sweet, decides to bring me down to Funan because he wants to see the real thing and the specs and all. As everyone would have know, I am hopeless with IT technical stuff. Up to date, silly me still couldn't register what's RAM and what's storage space.

I am probably just ignorant because these things are just too technical for the already technical me. And it is just not me, it is the people in the industry! We are just overly dependent on those IT guys to come and tweak our computers whenever something isn't working well!

Ok now.. easy! Let's go back to our Funan walk-around. To our dismay, no chromebook was available but my husband's got a few insights from those sales people - to which obvious I didn't catch a word.

It is only when we visited Harvey Norman that the sales person asked why we look for a Chromebook, and what we are actually looking for.

"Something easy to handle, has windows, can operate office, you know" I said without blinking.

He led us to a section, "Why don't you get this? Can detach and transform into tablet, and have FULL Microsoft Office pre-installed, it runs on Windows 8.1 and ....." he went on (and of course got trailed off because it is technical going into RAM and what not)

My eyes beamed of course! It fits what I wanted! I can detach it and bring it wherever! PLUS full microsoft office!

How perfect! We bought it the next day, at S$599, only to have its price slashed to S$499 a few days later. Damn....

Oh wells. It works great! I managed to finish my Purchase Contract on it. I don't quite like the screen keyboard though. So, I ended up working on it as netbook more than working on it as a tablet. I should probably start searching for an app for a more ergonomical typing session with just the tablet.

Do you have a great screen keyboard app that I should consider? Drop me a comment! (As all comments to my blogs needs to go through a round of moderation, we appreciate a day's grace. Why I moderate them is simply because I don't want to miss any comments left by you, and I wouldn't want any spams on my comments section.)

My personal rating would be 3.5 out of 5.

It is a great piece, but I am guessing the dock will get a little loose if I keep attaching and detaching it every now and then. We'll see. Then again, I can always get the keyboard separately, right? So if you are looking for something versatile and yet perform your office documents well, this is the thing for you!

Till I blog again another day, with another story.

Wassalam,
Jun

No comments: