Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Kids : Now & Then

Assalammu'alaikum readers & friends. I hope all has been well with you and family so far..
I had just realised that I have begun to say phrases that spoke my age....
You know you are not that young anymore when you start saying phrases like "kids these days" and often referring back to "my time". Yes, I know.. I am having a hard time coming to terms to me being not that young anymore. So much that I began to resent those who keep saying they are "old already" when they turned 21. Urgh..
The famous cliche right.. You wont know the value till it is gone. Youth is one of those things. The sad thing is, there is no way to get back the youth you had wasted. Now you know why parents nag and nag when they see you waste your youth?
I understand now, now when it was probably too late. I should have studied harder (not that I didnt study hard enough). I should have taken another diploma 7yrs ago when there was opportunity and lump sum cash inflow. I should have focus on my education and career (not that I am of any less value now, mind you!)
Today, I have a Bachelors Degree with Honours (2nd upper Class), I have my own registered business (though a lil stagnant - still young so it is really normal), I am happily married, I have a flat to my name (well it will be official in 3yrs time). I am blessed. Blessed with good brains and an upgraded Iman insyaAllah.
Oh wait! I am out of topic... signs of aging? Oh noooooo....
Ok back to topic. Kids : Now and Then.
Back in my time, we dont see many parents coming to the school angry and ready to complain, instead have parents who are ashamed that school called them to complain about their kids. I used to complain to my mom about teacher punishing me for "no reason" and ended up getting punished by her.
To be continued....

No comments: