Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Kids : Now & Then (Continued)

Assalam,
Sorry for abruptly ending my earlier post. I had troubles blogging with my new Note II. It doesnt automatically save my writings like the iPhone. The phone keeps locking me out and left me at where I started. I had to manually click the save button and click of the draft post to continue writing.
So yes, I got punished further for complaining about a teacher scolding me. Now? Well, some teachers these days do deserve some parents coming to question them. There are more rules. Some teachers these day simply teach for the sake of putting food in the mouths at home. Some of whom had been teachings kids like me often end up scared of possible sues and what not from parents if not the kids themselves.
Then, we resort to library visit and friends' house to do up our assignment or projects. During my time, projects only exists in upper primary. Small scale ones begin at Pri 3, usually was a Science project. Growing beansprouts, or sew molds growing on bread. Now, now.. we have kids in preschool bringing home assignments. Now, isnt that a huge difference? They used google, microsoft powerpoint or simply print and paste.
Speaking of preschool, those in my era probably only attended K2 before hitting in to what they call the "real school" at Primary 1. In my time, we rarely have Malay or Indian teachers teaching us, so we ended up learning Mandarin. And back in my time, when we made friends, so did our mothers. In fact, our mothers often call each other to make sure we aren't lying when we said we dont have any homework or when there are excursions.
And how our mothers made friends, you asked? Of course, our mothers all send and fetched us from school. They would come an hour early to catch up and chat till we are finally out. When some mothers need to work, they seek help from stay-at-home mothers to help send their kids home or bring them home and the working mothers would fetch from there.
Now, I doubt many know their children's friends and family. We all have our own group of friends, and some probably had forgotten how to make new friends in real life - too much virtual social network, maybe.
We used to just approach other kids and made friend instantly. Now, wont we see mothers staring at their kids when they approach someone they dont know? Some even resort to choose friends for their kids.
Now, we register our children's for school way ahead. Some parents actually registered the moment they got pregnant! 

(I typed this four or five times on my Note and it keeps exitting blogger with an error! Pls fix this!)
Anyhoos...Breathe in.... and out! And let's type it all over again on a PC for a proper ending eh?

So yes.. I don't know how "kiasu" I will be when my time comes to welcome a junior into my little small family. All I wish for is to be a happy and contented mom, have a great loving and understand father for my children and have great, happy and healthy children.

Well, what are your thoughts about kids now and then? I know I missed quite a lot on the subject. Share with me!

Yours Truly,
Anxiously waiting for some good news..

Wassalam.

No comments: