Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Celebrating 20years of Friendship

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog.. 

Some people just misuse and award the BBF title away too quickly, which resulted in easy breakage of such relationship. Thing is, having a BBF doesnt mean you own them. Heck, even being married doesnt mean you own your spouse. They are still individuals, who have their own minds. Respect them when they want to be alone, or if they want to confide in someone else. You see, when you have a BFF, that friendship is almost unbreakable, even when you don't meet for 5yrs, it doesnt deteriorate, and doesn't make the friendship any less valuable, instead, it makes our friendship better, we don't judge, we don't assume. We just simply resume our friendship by catching up. I have a BFF, almost 20yrs now, we don't meet everyday, we don't tell each other every little detail of our lifes, we don't hang on the phone for hours at any one time, but we still know that we will be there for each other. We still love, no matter how much lesser time we have for each other. We just knew that we are together, we get real opinions of the real situation, we get slapped if we needed it, and we get a hug when everyone has their back on us. That's what friendship is all about.

I never knew I would have a BFF... But this is my story.. our story.. of two of us... a bestfriend in secrecy, and in public... And I share it today because....

Today, marks my bestfriend's birthday, and next week we will be celebrating 2 decades of our precious friendship. Time to rewind back to 1995....

I was tranferred from South View Primary to Clementi Town Primary at that time. So I was new whilst everyone else had already had friends from last year's class.. And this girl, was the first one to say hi to me. It was brief, but it made me feel at ease and more welcomed. 

She was bigger sized than me and had a big wide smile and had her hair tied in two ponytails with ribbons on them. And she still is that cute, fond, caring and friendly little girl I used to know. 

We never really was THAT close in school, but I knew this friendship is going to long way and will be very different. I wasn't wrong on that one. We meet every morning to walk to school together, then go on our separate ways once we step in school - I dunno why.. But that was what it was everyday for us. 

We had people talking ill of our friendship, we ended up not talking for some time, but when we bump into each other again, we instantly forget and make fresh of our friendship, picking up from where we left. 

I knew, she is going to be there for me, not caring what others speak of me, and I felt the same way for her. Whatever people say to me about her makes no sense, and 99% of the time I'd just end up asking her to her face, and laugh about it. 

In 1997,
Then we went to separate secondary school, like every teen, we got busy with our new friends, our new school, our new everything. We probably didn't meet until we were almost done with our O levels. Maybe met by chance a few times every now and then but we didn't really stop to really catch up through our teenage years.

However, that distance never allowed us to forget each other, at the back of our mind, we always had each other. And when we meet, we just never failed to picked up from where we left. 

In 2000,
So secondary school life was over, and I got into poly. I had no idea what happened to her, except the fact that she is retaking her Os or doing something private.

We were pretty distant by this time - I think. We only meet in the bus, chatted awhile, catch up awhile then resume our new school, new friends thing all over again.

Somehow, we keep catching each other through many years.. We probably didnt meet for like 4-5 years at one time, but it didn't make us forget our friendship, we never could forget each other. 

Probably in 2008... plus minus.. anyways...

One day, we just made time, and we sat by the shore, watch the sea hit the rocks, and lay back to watch the stars.. It became our routine... Every other night, or at least once a week, we meet up to watch the stars. On some night, we didnt speak a word... Yet, we left for home feeling so much better. On some days, we couldn't stop talking.

You know such friendship is too precious, and it became kind of unbreakable. We gave each other so much space, that it didn't became any kind of burden or by any obligation to meet up and spend time. It became something more like we meet because we want to, because our hearts says it's time to meet. And if one of us couldn't make it we didnt question why, we respect it. And even if a second later, we found out we ended up meeting someone else, we never find it a need for any kind of explanation. We loved  and still will love each other so much that there is no room for any arguments. 

We scold, yes. We nag, yes. But hate we never will, and assuming and blaming we never could. 

You, my darling, my bestest best friend, mean too much to me. And I will always always have you in my heart no matter what... no matter how little time we have together, no matter how crazy we are, how irritable we are to each other, you will always always be the one I love to bits...

May our friendship grow forever and passed down to our children of tomorrow... 

Happy Birthday my bestest bestfriend, Miss B..

We may not be the typical bff who watch movies, do parties, and all those stuff, but I know we are going to make it just by watching the stars, and not say a word.. For the silence we shared, often speaks a thousand messages. I love you...

Anddd.. welcome to the big 3!

May many more beautiful years come to us and our families.

Lots of hugs kisses and love,
Your bestfriend,
Jun

No comments: