Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

15 minutes with my Director

Yes, finally spoke to my Director about my decision about leaving PQ Builders. Raised the dozens of issues that concerns my decisions. A sad and hard decision to make, but I'm left with no options.

It's not exactly the pay, the job scope or the stress that I've been through, but the environment and the lack of motivation to even come to office. He asked me to let out everything that needs to be raised. I can't believe I had tears stuck in my eyes many times as I state out the real reasons.

Strange thing is, they know exactly what is happening and why new people often end up leaving. Yet they are still being indecisive of what to do about it. He tried to counter-offer me with a new position, but I sadly refused. I will still be unreluctant to work, I mean what is there for me to do or change when no one wants or even tries to change? In a small company like PQ, I really don't expect any such political issues to surface, I would expect the familiness and the warm welcome and happiness in working. I did feel it when I first came, but it no longer exists. It just simply fade away.

The problem needs some resolving, yet there is nothing the management could do to help things get better as the two person involved in the political issues are both valuable and almost the pillars to keep going. My big boss is stepping down very soon, and they have great plans for me. Yet I have to disappoint me over this political issues that I hate so much. How I wish, they did something just so no other person end up being in my position who would just end up leaving yet again.

So sad, but what to do? So now, I've officially resigned and my last day would be on 31st October 2005. I hope something come up fast, I have a few temporary jobs waiting while I wait for LTA to respond. I can only try and pray hard. My head is getting lighter at the note I left today at PQ. If I had wanted a new position, I would have gladly accepted his counter-offer, but that's not what I want. I wanted to be someone big, but I don't see myself getting anywhere there with such people working around me. Competing over things that is of no issue. Ridiculous, plus those bad words passing around about certain people.. It's just too much.

So now I've rest my case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

June, u did the right thing!