Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

A conversation that makes me think

It came to me as a surprise.. After a week being in my rented space, and not coming home.. I finally did and stayed a whole straight week in my parents...

As I got home after work as usual... Mom suddenly sighed and mumbled...

Mom: Sigh! When will I get a new grandchild..?

Me: Huh?

Mom: When will you settle down?

Me: Not anytime soon...

Mom: But we are not getting any younger, besides, you need a family of your own, you know?

Me: Yeah.. But I havent got what I want, yet.. I am still schooling, and I want to school some more.. I am working on my degree, and I will slave myself for my masters and then starve myself for my doctorate... and then I'll kill myself to get a minimum $5K pay cheque...

Mom: Your dreams are a bit too huge, don't you think? How long are you giving us?

Me: Giving you? You mean how much time I am giving myself? Probably 5 years to settle out my debts and certificates, then maybe I'll find myself a good man to meet you folks..

Dad: I don't mind anyone as long as he can care for you like how I care for you..

Me: Oh really? How would you react if I bring home a boy with a body full with tattoos? Would you see him beyond what he has on his body and try to search for the goodness of his heart or are you gonna scream at me because I failed to find a better man?

Mom&Dad: You trying to tell us you are going out with a tattooed guy?

Me: Didnt say anything like that, but didnt you just tell me that you wouldnt care how he looks or what his background is like as long as he cared for me as much as you?

Mom: Well, I guess he should be presentable enough to assure us that he's not those type who are up to no good..

Me: Am tired. Good Night.

Dad: I'll wait 5 years.. and watch what you are up to...

Me: Fine

And so.. That was a conversation well-said... But it made me feel somewhat lonely... Will I ever get there? Will I see my dreams come true? Will my parents still be around?

My degree is not that far away... I am just a hundred behind a 2K pay cheque.. What if nothing has been achieved even after the 5, 7 years.... What if something totally wrong took place in between? Will I be able to face the painful truth and regret after? Will the rest of them point their fingers and start blaming me?

I dunno.. And I won't know..

No comments: