Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Passion to Write

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog.

Once again, I was asked why I blog, which led me to post a FB status that reads:

"I feel like going back to late night blogging. My blog transformed a whole lot... I still cant believe I started in 2004 and is still keeping up. From daily diary, to observation write ups, to voluntary reviews, to writing articles - wide range from wedding, saving, clearing debt, parenting, to etiquette of stuff you thought people should know without saying... 
I've got my fair share of haters and supporters. I've had enough ads to keep me going, and I am never tired nor do I ever run out of time to write a little quickie if need be, or work on one article for a few days.
My passion to write escalate quickly when from just under 10views, my write ups slowly went to 45, then to a hundred, then to thousand and then one of my write ups received over 6000 views.
It drove me to keep improving, to write even better, not so I get more views, but so I can reach out to people to tell them they are not alone. Or to simply encourage them to be even better.
Some people may say it is not worth to write and not earn, but passion is not driven by money. It is driven because it touches people.
The kind of rewards that sometimes takes years, and hardly immediate. It took me 10yrs to learn, realise and note what people love to read so I can feed them just that."



I hope it is reason enough. When I first started I had like 10 views or less and on some entries, I had none. I still write, because back then I wasn't looking after viewers. I wasn't very confident of how I write, but I write nonetheless because I know that is the only way for me to learn and improve.

I was boring. I write about what happen through my daily life, updating people about my school, my friends, my thoughts. I never took pictures, I don't think I'd need to. I was all about content - or so I see it that way. Then my daily journals upgraded to me writing about my observations.


I go deeper into my opinions, what I feel, what I see and what I think. I go into writing about my heart and its contents. And occasionally fall back to my diary writing style. I do abstract writing sometimes, via my poetic words, filled with double meanings and such. I get people thinking and guessing. 


Then my observations got upgraded again, I started writing honest reviews. I search for my first paid review cum research. Was not easy. I spend a few hours looking through websites to help me. I write and rewrite my content multiple times. Then I got tired looking for people to pay me and so I continue writing free reviews on things I just bought or things I come across or just a new place I visited.

As I grow up, my writing became more consistent. And I started writing articles that haunt me, articles that is hot and going viral. I started writing about wedding and the preparations, I started sharing how I got into debt, and how I got out of it, I started writing about parenting and kids. I share my deepest and most honest thoughts.


I began to realise my purpose, and why I stayed strong writing even when no one pays me moolah, it was never about moolah anyway. It was to touch people. It was to remind myself of the mistakes I had done, and to help others stay away from it. I wanted to help, to assure them that they are not alone... That is my purpose.


And when the opportunity to write to spread awareness, I will spring into action. I want to write about it when it is good. Afterall, sharing is caring, isn't it? 
May 2015 brings about more of me to write! 



Until I blog again,
Wassalam.

No comments: