Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Just fabric thinking...

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog.

Well.. I know.. I did it again.. hiatus for more than a month. Well we all know November-December is a busy busy month. Please forgive me and my busy schedule.

Recently, my house has been occupied by kids. In an instant I am a mother to two active children filling up every inch of void in the house with their joy and playfulness.

I haven't been feeling very upbeat about anything lately. Well except for next week when I clear my leave. I cant wait to set my hands on sewing lots of clothes for myself. And packing the less worn ones to give away. It seems like I became extremely careful with what I wear out after hitting the Big 3. I often skip all the tops that ends right at the top of my hips. I love knee length tunics, I dun like wearing my tight straight cuts, which makes me feel the extreme need to sew more so I have something to wear.

I tend to look forward to not having anything to wear just so I can set myself to sew for myself. This is when I started talking to my mom about us sewing... How my orders can pile up and I can be without the mood to finish them up but get so hyped up to sew something when I feel like I need to.

You see, when you sew for yourself, you dont really pay attention to fine details, just because it is for yourself. When it is for someone else, every inch of every stitch, you'd end up checking before proceeding making it very tiring and time consuming. Rewarding, of course, when people praise you for the perfect straights and fine details. Of course!

Now, I wish I can just snap my fingers and turn all these fabrics into pretty dresses and tunics.




I have plenty of ideas, just wished I had more time and peace to do it promptly and with perfect stitches. Some would definitely end up in my wardrobe if none of my customers pick these!

And here are what I have sewn since I last updated. :)

Top left : Wide Neck Abaya for Lil Gal.
Top Right: I like matching without wearing an exact match kindda matching, ya know?
Bottom left; Simple tunic with flare elastic sleeve
Bottom Right: Skants sewn in Shining Cotton. 

Top left : Black Beauty Skants 
Top Right: Navy Blue Wide Leg Pallazzo
Bottom left; Simple tunic with flare elastic sleeve
Bottom Right: Skants sewn in Shining Cotton. 

A simple tunic + skants = the modern Traditional Malay Costume!

A simple tunic + skants = the modern Traditional Malay Costume!

Until I update again..

Jun

No comments: