Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Compilations of my wardrobe fixes

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog.

I know this is very very overdue... It probably is supposed to be for last month or at least early this month, and February is almost over.. I am sooo sorry I got carried away with all the work in the world.. Soooo.... As promised, here comes my compilation of wardrobe fixes and damages. :)

First of all, my deepest apologies for the messy background/foreground. Secondly, I am sorry if the price (all in SGD unless stated otherwise) I quoted is wrong (it may have been on sale, or that it was a special offer period, or was just old). Thirdly, enjoy the pictures! Xoxo.

These are just done at random and for the fun of it. I hope it benefits. :)

This one is the Azzalea Abaya bought from Simply Modest. Match it up with an instant Syria bought in JB.
PS: Simply Modest currently have limited in stock pieces going at just SGD$60 each piece!

It was a Minion Party, so here I am trying to be one. Lola Skye Dungaree + Yellow long sleeve from Uniqlo and Navy Blue pants from Giordano.

Lola Skye Dungaree from Zalora : $52.40
Uniqlo Yellow Long Sleeve : $20ish (I can't remember)
Navy Blue Pants from Giordano : was on sale I got 2pants for $70

Zalora Basic Handkerchief Hem Long Sleeve Dress + work pants from G2000.

Zalora Basic Handkerchief Hem Long Sleeve Dress : $17.90
Work Pants : Bought in 2005 or earlier, I forgot the price!

Denim Long Top from Khatijah & Navy Blue Pants from Giordano

Denim Long Top : $23
Navy Blue Pants from Giordano : was on sale I got 2pants for $70

Feeling like a kid, a black long sleeve from Espirit, Black Pants from Billabong, and Lola Skye Dungarees

Lola Skye Dungaree from Zalora : $52.40
Espirit Long Sleeve : $5 (it was a rejected piece)
Black Pants from Billabong : $20 (was on sale)

A very casual day, long sleeve top (customized order) from VistaPrint and pants. Hijab is the addictive Plain Cotton Hoodie in Plum by De Divas Fashion.

Customised Long Sleeve Top from vistaprint.sg: Varies from $26 onwards
Plain Cotton Hoodie : To be quoted by De Divas Fashion

Hijab - Addictive Plain Cotton Hoodie in Lilac, a top from Ifa Harmifa & very wide skirt from a FB fren who have since deactivated her account.

Cotton Hoodie to be quoted by DDF
Top was bought many years ago, I can't remember the price
Wide Skirt was $54 but the seller has deactivated her a/c
(BUT I am trying to get someone to remake these wide skrts! So I will update you guys once it is a successful try!)

Long dress from Ifa Harmifa, Beige pants handed down to me, and Plain Cotton Hoodie in Chocolate.

Cotton Hoodie to be quoted by DDF
Top was bought many years ago, I can't remember the price
Pants was handed down by NLA if I remember it right - back in 2006/7

Zalora Basic Handkerchief Hem Long Sleeve Dress, Beige pants handed down to me, and the Plain Cotton Hoodie in Orchid liven up this outfit! 

Zalora Basic Handkerchief Hem Long Sleeve Dress : $17.90
Cotton hoodie to be quoted by DDF

Work Pants : Handed down by NLA back in 2006/7

Plain Cotton Hoodie in Chilli Red, Fishtail top from Al Huda Hub, and wide leg pants from Ifa Harmifa.

Cotton Hoodie to be quoted by DDF
Fishtail Top by Al Huda Hub : $20 (excl postage)
Wide Leg Pants from Ifa Harmifa : can't remember, bough many years ago.


Plain Cotton Hoodie in Chocolate, Shirt from Giordano, and wide leg pants from Ifa Harmifa.
 

Cotton Hoodie to be quoted by DDF
Giordano Top : $20ish (cant remember)

Wide Leg Pants from Ifa Harmifa : can't remember, bough many years ago.
Pink Shirt from Giordano, smart beige pants handed down to me, and Plain Cotton Hoodie in Orchid

Giordano Top : $20ish (cant remember)
Cotton hoodie to be quoted by DDF
Work Pants : Handed down by NLA back in 2006/7
Parrot green Jubah with Forest Green Hijab, and a fancy headband Crawlies!

Amatullah Jubah from Elle Nour : $62 (bought in 2012)
Cotton Hoodie: to be quoted by DDF
Fancy Headband Crawlies: $36.90 (bought in 2011)
Plain Cotton Hoodie in Tiffany, Muslimah Peplum top from Al Huda Hub, and wide leg pants from Ifa Harmifa.

Cotton Hoodie to be quoted by DDF
Muslimah Peplum Top by Al Huda Hub : $20 (excl postage)

Wide Leg Pants from Ifa Harmifa : can't remember, bough many years ago.

As you can see, most of my pants are handed down to me. I don't quite remember who exactly, but they are awesome pieces and had lasted many years! I don't always spend a bomb on my clothes, all of my whole outfit look is under $100ish. I usually target shops during sale/promotional period, or shop online and go hopping from one to another to get the best of deals - on my lucky day I get the same piece for $30 cheaper!

And I don't shop on a regular basis. I probably do mass shopping in one month and stop shopping till the following year or even longer. And IF I have the urge to shop, I made sure I do some giving away of my old still in good condition clothes away. If I cannot part with them, then there will be no shopping required. It is just my principle, and it comes with tough love. I literally bite my finger sometimes to just stop myself. This curbing to shop requires more than just discipline especially for the old me who shopped every month, and wont stop till she hit hundreds in each shop. I was very impulsive (I probably still am). I can shop for something just because it is unique, and then find no use to it after awhile.

Now, it is a different game ball. I go in a shop, see something nice, take a photo (if it is permissible), and exit the shop... Take a cooling measure, distract myself. If I still keep thinking about it, I will send the photo to the husband and ask him if I need it and should get it. If he says no, then I will delete it and forget about it. (I used to have much difficulty doing this, but it got into a habit after a long while)

Sometimes, I do that many many times, and only send the picture over to the husband after my 5th attempt or so. This is especially if it is to shop for a footwear. Probably because I have sensitive smelly feet... I am a slipper person, so a sandal or shoe usually end up chucked into the shoe cabinet only to be worn once a year or so.

My husband have very strong control over his finances, and probably only shop once a year. So he was the best person for me to lean on to help me convince myself out of buying something I don't really need. For the past 5 years, he has been doing a great job at that. Except for my online shopping - which is still done on impulse. I am working on it!

Bags, it has been a long long while since I bought a bag. Most of my everyday bags are my self-crocheted bags! All thanks to Allah SWT for granting this talent to me. I am just hard to please of late, no bag is perfect enough, no shoe practical enough, no clothes cheap and modest enough...

My dressing sense can be crazy most of the times. And most of my clothes lasted me for decades, thanks to my body who never seemed to grow too much.

I think I would do all my jubah outfit someday... A compilation of all my Jubahs perhaps..

So until then,
Wassalam,
Jun

No comments: