Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Mom and Baby

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, followers and readers of this blog.

Recently, I posted a few emotional phrases on my facebook account.

One of them reads, "I am not jealous of people of wealth, who dons the LV or the Gucci, I envy not the luxurious holidays people get to go to every now and then... BUT I am jealous over the people who can stay home and be with their children, I envy moms who get to be with their child anytime they need her through their life. I had my mom anytime, anywhere, any place, for the last 29 years, and I hope for many more, 
because I never can have enough of her. And I want to be like my mom with my kids. I'd cry a fountain if I am not able to.. A child remains a child in every mother's eyes. And as my mother age, our roles change, I want to the one providing her, protecting her, and granting her every wish, and to welcome any tantrums that comes with it. I want to. Because even if I have done so, it is never and will never be equivalent to what she has done for me.

*Each to their own, I am in no way implementing that career moms are less of a mother. Do note, that anything a mother does, she always have their children's interest in heart. There is nothing that a mother does that does not include her child in mind.*

Subsequently I posted, in defense to those who took offence being a working mom despite the disclaimer in asterix.


The second post reads, "Career moms and stay at home mom... Both have their struggles. Both have their children's best interest in mind. Both do not have an easy life. Both just wants the best for their children. Both deserve to be respected, for being the best-est mom their children can have. You mothers are just so strong to make a decision for the best of the whole family. And I am proud of all you mothers. Worry less about what others has to say about the decisions you make, and focus on what is best for the family."

You see, I am on the neutral side. I am on all mommy's side. We all have our struggles. Who lives without any, right?

And I guess these days, you will see me post a lot about moms and babies and all topics related. Since my undertaking to care for Baby M on most weekends, I have become more and more wary about baby needs, mostly highlighted by Baby M's Mama of course.

I am so glad her mama is kind and always point out my flaws and shortfalls directly. At least I know I can do better.

We sometimes take things for granted, and she being the more experienced babysitter, and having dealt with one kid with HFMD before, the kid contracted HFMD from her brother by the way. She is more careful and cleaner than me when it comes to babies, naturally.

And I continue to learn new things from her all in Baby M's sake. So this coming Wednesday, I intend to sanitize my whole house. For some reason, hearing my friend telling me about HFMD got me paranoil. Haha. Well, it's for the good, so why not?

Sometimes, we all take things for granted. Be it cleanliness, health or safety. And I am not excluded either. Seeing neat clean individual, we would assume he/she takes care of all her belongings just as good. Sadly not everyone, sometimes people like me who couldn't really care about how we look, go without make ups, use brandless or cheap stuff, care much more about baby's welfare.

I guess it is just upbringing, or maybe education. I can't tell. I started being wary about what is out there organic that is good for baby to eat. I started being wary about how baby is carried. I started being obsessed, maybe? All thanks to my friend! I now know there are so much variety to baby food that is organic! And how much is too much.

This made me less tolerable to people who mishandle their babies and the food they feed their baby. I had to constantly close my eyes and tell myself "It is not my baby, it is not Baby M"

I almost felt like I have fits when I see someone throwing a baby in the air or shake him/her excessively with head bobbing.

"Ya Allah!!! Protect the baby!" screamed my aching heart. I had to just walk away, before I screamed this to that adult. Not that I don't care, I just had enough of people who "knows better" and refused to heed my warning, and refuse to educate themselves.

I am protective, and call me crazy if you must. DO know, that if you ever ever dare to throw my baby in the air, I will seriously consider throwing you out the window in my head many times that you might just jump yourself. Seriously... Do it to your own child, if you must. BUT don't do it to others, or at least ask their parents first. Some are not too bothered, and some do! So before you love any kid, learn to respect their parents first. Even when you wanna just give the kid an innocent candy! You never know if that kid has allergies.

Then again, I don't have kids of my own, and maybe I don't know much. True much!

If I were to have one now, I wont have anyone around who can care for her/him either. So be nice, Allah SWT knows best why I haven't had my junior yet. Stop telling people or my face that we didnt try hard enough, for Allah SWT knows best how much we have tried.

I rather focus and learn via Baby M. She taught me a lot, along with her mama. And I learn, my husband learn, we all learn.

And it warms my heart when Baby M says MMaakk, to my face, and Abbbaah to my husband. And she knows how to wave! Yeay! But sometimes she wave to the wrong direction. And oh, clap too, slowly but getting there!

And oh... the baby fan is now down to just one blade. She tore the two apart yesterday, and smiled/laughed cheekily when I caught her.

Another baby entry another day...

Wassalam,

Baby M's Mak.

No comments: